xScion’s client base includes large, well-established firms with complex IT infrastructures that have ongoing needs to modernize their businesses. Our customers must be able to quickly and effectively respond to changes in market forces, newly introduced legislation and growing competition. These modernization initiatives include moving to Cloud/Virtualization, Dev Ops and Agile. As a Cloud Sales Engineer and Client Partner, your role will drive new business in Consulting Services within the commercial sector focused on helping clients determine the best path forward for their organizations. This includes selling Cloud Strategies, Data Roadmaps, Cloud Architecture and associated implementations.
Working closely with our Chief Data Strategist, you will identify prospective clients who meet our target criteria and initiate sales opportunities which will be supported by the entire team. This is a new role in our organization brought about by the demands of the industry and the success we are having with these efforts.
As an Cloud Sales Engineer, You Will:
- Aggressively drive all phases of the sales process to successful completion, from initial prospecting through to contract negotiations
- Together with our Chief Data Strategist, develop a targeted client list and account plan that enables you to meet and exceed sales goals
- Work closely with our Director of Marketing to develop targeted marketing campaigns that directly align your client accounts and aim at reaching buyers
- Develop and grow strategic client relationships at the executive level and with key decision makers
- Stay current and well-informed on new, leading edge technologies and key competitive offerings
- Adhere to a disciplined sales process utilizing Salesforce CRM tools to track deal progression
- Provide timely feedback and accurate sales forecasts
- Leverage your network, xScion’s internal resources and our Consultant community to help identify, develop and ultimately close key opportunities
- Develop rapport and remain engaged with all consulting staff as they are your extended family in the marketplace. Realize that their knowledge, insights and expertise are invaluable and will allow you to build and expand your Account(s). Each of their roles are essential to a project’s success and your interaction with them is key.
To Be Successful, You Need:
- 5+ years of IT Sales or Sales Engineer experience with a proven and successful track record
- Knowledge/understanding of AWS, Azure, Google, and/or Hadoop, Data Lakes, Data Integration tools, BI/ Visualization Tools, DevOps Tools. Specific knowledge should include some combination of the following:
- Moving clients from on prem Enterprise DW technologies (Netezza, Oracle DW, TeraData, Oracle Xadata) to cloud based DW solutions (S3, Redshift, Snowflake, HIVE, Azure DW, etc.)
- Moving from Traditional on prem Data Lake or Hadoop Data Lake technologies to Cloud Based Data Lake technologies
- Basic understanding of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS constructs
- Dev Ops automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.)
- Agile approaches (Scrum, Extreme, Scaled)
- ETL and Data Cataloging tools (Informatica, Talent, Pentaho, Alation, etc.)
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and have stellar business and sales acumen
- Possess a strong work ethic with an internal drive to succeed
- Must be a problem solver who possesses excellent presentation, organizational and listening skills
- Independent, self-starter with exceptional business savvy, relationship-building and closing skills
- Highly capable in dealing with complex business issues as they arise while having a special knack for effectively resolving each challenge in an efficient and professional manner
- Must be a confident, team player who learns from past experience and is constantly striving to improve
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We Hire Great People. Period.
If this description sounds like you and if you’re a Rock Star - then we want to hear from you.
Why Work at xScion?
- We have an amazing culture – We were named a ‘Best Place to Work in VA’ for the last 3 years (2016, 2017 & 2018).
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in healthcare and finance and continuously welcoming new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to being the best at what we do.
- You’ll work with the best – We only hire great people.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients. - We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
We Offer Great Benefits:
We not only offer standard benefits like great medical, dental, 401(k) match, flex spending and more, but we also offer unique perks such 11 holidays (including your birthday!), 3 weeks of paid time off, company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming Businesses…
xScion is a woman-owned NextGen Technology Consulting Firm that helps companies modernize their IT and business operations. We support leading Healthcare and Financial Services companies through innovative solutions including AppDev, DevOps, Data Services and Agile Transformation.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor.
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.