User Experience Manager
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing, which help make government more accessible to everyone though technology. The family of NIC companies provides digital government solutions for more than 4,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Currently we are looking to hire a User Experience Manager to lead our Gov2Go team and are looking for this candidate to sit in Portland, Oregon, or potentially Kansas City, Kansas at our corporate headquarters.
As the User Experience (UX) Manager you will be responsible for defining the user experience and user interface strategy for NIC’s citizen-centric platform and personal digital assistant for interacting with government, Gov2Go. You will drive the overall UX design strategy for the platform using design thinking principles and research while aligning with Gov2Go business goals and go-to-market strategies. You will think first from the user’s perspective, effectively use research and data to influence designs, set high standards and deliver compelling customer experiences. You will have experience bringing new digital products to market and a proven background in user centered design including the ability to visualize the user experience in the abstract and breaking down complex use-cases into concrete design deliverables. You are self-directed, passionate about creating inspired user experiences, have a highly analytical approach, thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, and obsessive about design.
- Define and lead the UX strategy for Gov2GoTM and drive the overall design based on business goals, product requirements, user testing, and design thinking (identifying and addressing the right design problems)
- Use business requirements, usability findings, user journeys and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements: design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, user journey workflows, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes to convey concepts and address complex requirements
- Create processes and feedback loops that allow you to validate design solutions through A/B testing, quantitative and/or qualitative usability research methods
- Advise the General Manager and product management on user-centered design solutions that considering target users, customer feedback, metrics and usability finding
- Develop and nurture relationships with cross functional team members and promote collaboration and efficiency
- Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and tradeoffs if your schedule is in jeopardy
- Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environmene
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years as a user experience designer, information architect, interaction designer or similar
- Experience designing for a variety of form factors including mobile, mobile app, and desktop; an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience conducting user research and applying research findings
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of design and familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing
- Ability to demonstrate designs with functional prototypes in HTML/CSS, or other tools such as inVision, Axure or similar
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Proficiency designing with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Willingness to take on or support other design tasks, as needed (i.e., marketing presentations or prototypes, designing marketing collateral, etc.)
Preferred Addl’ Qualifications:
- Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh and simple usable layouts, interactions and iconography, while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony
- Experience designing customer-facing digital products and bringing them to market
- Proactive learner who stays current on technology and best practices
- Strong background or additional training/certification in user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, information architecture and design
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, to view our Equal Opportunity policy, visit http://www.egov.com/careers.