Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Lee’s Summit, MO .
This is a Temporary position with the option for permanent placement after 90 days of employment. Schedule is Tuesday – Saturday, 12:00 A.M.- 10:30 A.M., with overtime as needed. This is a 10 hour shift with a rotating day off. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee’s Summit, Missouri are encouraged to apply.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) performs laboratory testing, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration of equipment, quality control procedures and is responsible for the validity of test results.
Essential Job Duties:
Level I - Minimum
- Perform laboratory assays in accordance with Viracor’s standard operating procedures
- Operate, calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment and instruments according to standard operating procedures to ensure quality results
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, reagents and materials
- Accept or reject test results in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Document remedial action, troubleshooting, quality assurance activities and instrument maintenance
- Adhere to established processing timelines
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
Level II – Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I plus the following:
- General knowledge of Standard Operating Procedure writing, assay theory, and instrumentation
- Orient, mentor and teach clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques to new Associates
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills by knowledge sharing
- Take on formally assigned additional duties as a part of routine job performance
- Participate on special project teams as requested by supervisory staff
Level III – Fully meets the responsibilities of Level II plus the following:
- Obtain advanced knowledge of Viracor’s standard operating procedures, assays, and instrumentation
- Participate in troubleshooting activities in conjunction with Technical Supervisor
- Volunteer to serve on various committees and panels to the benefit of the laboratory or company general (e.g. Safety
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level I – Minimum
- BS or BA in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science 1 year of pertinent laboratory experience
- Willing to work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to work with automated and manual platforms
- Must possess skills required for aseptic techniques
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in performing tests, documenting test results and maintaining patient, client, employee and laboratory business confidentiality
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Analytical judgment, problem solving skills, accuracy and strong detail oriented
Level II – Fully meets the qualifications of Level I plus the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical laboratory experience
Level III – Fully meets the qualifications of Level I plus the following:
- Minimum of 8 years of clinical laboratory experience
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services.
With over $2.54 billion in annual revenues and 28,000 employees across 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.