Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Scientist to support the Professional Scientific Staffing group Kalamazoo, MI.
Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare analytical samples and assay reagents according to established procedures
- Run analytical methods, which may include HPLC, UPLC, SEC, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, total protein analysis, amino acid analysis or similar methods.
- Manage samples including ensuring proper storage and handling of samples
- Perform data analysis by using instrument computer software and office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Use low-volume laboratory liquid sample handling equipment (micropipettes) to prepare samples and solutions
- Work with multiple scientists within the group to effectively schedule work
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Analytical chemistry experience
- Experience in handling and analyzing proteins and other macromolecules
- Experience with low-volume liquid handling equipment strongly desired
- Experience with SDS-page highly desired
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Other computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good organizational skills required
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least one year technical laboratory experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates residing in Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.