Eurofins MET Laboratories is searching for an Subject Matter Expert, Power Tools, Powered Yard, Garden Equipment in Baltimore, MD.
Eurofins MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation's leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Subject Matter Expert, Electrical Safety of Power Tools, Powered Yard and Garden Equipment responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
Develop a world-class electrical safety testing lab Identify and obtain required test equipment.
Identify and acquire necessary test fixtures.
Recommend facilty changes such as buildouts or additional space needed to accomdate testing.
Attain appropriate accreditations.
o Recommend and participate in relavant industry events, forums, shows, technical meetings and the like as necessary.
o Quote projects and/or review relevant qutoes prepared by others.
o Perform electrical safety evaluations, testing, and reporting.
o Assist others with evaluations, testing, and reporting.
o Peer review the work of other engineers.
o Continuously develop new capabilities.
o Serve as a customer technical contact in support of other engineers assigned to relevant projects.
o Participate as a technical point of contact for laboratory audits.
o Develop procedures.
· Project engineer:
o Serve as a customer technical contact.
o Interpret electrical safety standards and apply the requirements to products under investigation.
o Create and implement test procedures.
o Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
o Ensure that test equipment is calibrated or tested and operates properly.
o Interface with and update the Lab Director and/or Technical Manager.
o Supervise technicians in training, qualified technicians, assistant to project engineer, and other project engineers.
o Conduct training of subordinate personnel, monitors training conducted by other personnel.
o Review files and reports prepared by project engineers.
o Monitors multiple projects underway.
o Prepare certification reports and related documents.
o Assists department management with quoting.
o Assist Sales with closing new work.
· Responsible for staying abreast of all relevant safety compliance requirements for power tools and powered yard and garden equipment in order to assure we offer the best services to our clients.
· Attend relevant industry events, forums, shows, technical meetings and the like as necessary.
· Share the knowledge with relevant staff and provide training as necessary.
· Develop world-class testing capabilities relative to this equipment category.
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Ability to maintain confidentially
· Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
· Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
· Able to work well in a team environment
· Able to work in a diverse group of people
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Professional appearance
· Support department objectives and company goals
· Be a team player
· Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
· Accommodate requests with a smile and “let me see what I can do” attitude
· Adhere to manager directives
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
· Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
· Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Four year college degree – Electrical Engineering or a combination of education and relevant experience.
· At least 5 years of power tool and powered garden and yard tool electrical safety experience.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Baltimore, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.