Chemistry Development Scientist
- Support enzyme library screening through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using UPLC, UPLC/MS and NMR systems
- Setup of organic chemistry reactions using EZ Max reactor systems
- Optimization of synthetic chemistry reactions
- Routinely maintain up to date electronic notebook entries
- Search chemical literature to find viable solutions to synthetic problems
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other science related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- 1-3 years direct experience desirable
- Familiarity with organic and analytical chemistry instrumentation
- Working knowledge of UPLC, UPLC/MS and NMR
- Basic laboratory skills are necessary
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, Connecticut are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.EurofinsUS.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.