Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for a Sterility Microbiologist in Durham, NC.
Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs laboratory testing on a variety of product samples, including bulk vaccine, filled vaccine, and media.
· Will initially be assigned to support the microbiology testing laboratories.
o The emphasis is on microbiological methods, such as sterility, bacteriostasis/fungistasis, Neomycin potency, Mycoplasma, and Mycobacteria.
o Cell culture propagation and maintenance procedures, and/or microbiological laboratory procedures
o Authors standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the performance of laboratory methods
o Trouble-shoots equipment issues as needed
o Initiates and contributes to laboratory investigations as needed and follows site procedures in the documentation of Quality Notifications and CAPAs
o Collaborates with Laboratory Compliance to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
o Provides active support during audits and inspections (regulatory, internal, safety)
o Supports MMD divisional and Quality initiatives
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
· Knowledge of cGMPs
· Root cause analysis methodology
· Experience in Compendia microbiological testing methods
· Experience in analytical method transfer
· Aseptic techniques
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration,
· 1-3 years laboratory testing experience or equivalent educational laboratory experience
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Durham, North Carolina are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.