Organic Chemist – Process Chemistry
- Apply a strong technical/scientific foundation to deliver high quality scientific results in a laboratory environment in a safe and effective manner.
- Have a strong knowledge of chemistry/chemical engineering with an ability to collaborate across disciplines. Work closely with experienced scientific staff to carry out experiments using a mix of traditional and automated lab reactors. Communicate results at team discussions and through clear, concise written reports.
- An interest in the use of advanced Design of Experiments and modern reaction monitoring techniques is a plus, and previous experience with large scale laboratory reactions is desirable.
- Strong, demonstrated performance in synthetic organic chemistry experimentation. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- At least one year experience in process chemistry
- Bachelor’s degree in science or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, Connecticut are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.