Associate Formulations Scientist
- Preparation of prototype formulations (solutions, suspensions, tablets, capsules, powder blends, semi-solid dosage forms, sterile and non-sterile liquids) for exploratory studies in in-vitro and in-vivo models
- Development of oral, topical and intravenous (sterile) dosage forms for feasibility studies and small scale manufacturing operations
- Measurement of key active compound and formulation properties (such as solubility, tablet hardness, disintegration, pH, isotonicity, color, gelling tendency, etc.)
- Assessment of the chemical and physical stability of prototype formulations, as well as the performance of prototype formulations using in-vitro tests (non-sink dissolution, precipitation, etc.)
- Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations
- Development of protocols for preparation of formulations at preclinical and clinical study sites
- Routine preparation of solution and suspension formulations for use in preclinical studies
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Previous experience with drug formulation and pre-formulation techniques, and an understanding of drug candidate properties
- Experience conducting routine laboratory experiments (e.g., HPLC, DSC, PXRD spectroscopy, solubility determinations, dissolution testing, suspension processing, etc.) in a timely and productive manner with consistent quality output
- Ability to follow procedures reliably and consistently and elevate relevant issues, as appropriate
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Adept in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- At least one year experience in formulation development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry or other related degree concentration and 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of La Jolla, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.