Reference No. 2107
Are you passionate about technology, client interaction, and all the challenges that go with being a consultant? If so, you will want to be a part of our innovative team. Our people have the skills and business savvy to provide exceptional consulting services to clients, helping them gain the optimum benefit from our solutions. We recruit professional results-oriented team players who possess true vision and creativity. Our talented consultants are passionate about what they do and are excited to delight our customers with their knowledge and capabilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure successful IT project delivery and client satisfaction
- Deliver projects on time, within scope, and within budget in both the public and private sectors
- Lead complex strategic systems integration projects, responsible for addressing the entire systems development life-cycle
- Collaborate with the client to develop the project approach, scope and direction
- Develop a detailed project plan and track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Produce project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior management levels
- Establish and participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums as necessary
- Facilitate effective communications with the client, project team members and all other stakeholders
- Manage multi-jurisdictions/multi stakeholder environments skillfully, creating consensus across diverse groups
- Ensure that project tasks and deliverables conform to the client, Sierra Systems, as well as IT and project management quality standards
- Manage resistance to change at all stages of projects
- Engage clients and participate in business opportunities with our Sales Team
- Present business solutions to potential clients (Sales Calls, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences)
- Participate in developing and reviewing RFP responses, providing insight on Project Management methodology and supporting costing estimates
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a PM leading large complex projects
- PMP certification
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management's Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management, policies and practices and how IT functions work together
- Ideally experienced in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Experienced in successfully delivering software implementation projects with a proven record
- Solid organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent client-facing as well as internal verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced at working with clients to define business processes and provide advice on systems
- Ability to manage the client and the client’s expectation’s
- Excellent team building skills with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to present and articulate concepts, approaches and solutions
- Knowledge of change management methodology an asset
Who we are
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and founded in 1966, Sierra Systems is a top tier IT services and management consulting firm offering a full range of advisory services, systems integration, and managed application services.
With approximately 800 professionals across Canada, Sierra Systems has developed deep expertise in its targeted industries and has earned a reputation for delivering superior solutions that strengthen organizations’ operational performance.
Our unwavering commitment to our clients’ needs has allowed us to build long-term, trusting, and loyal relationships. It has given us the ability to set ambitious objectives for client projects and meet them time and time again with unparalleled speed and precision.
We offer a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of each industry in which we have deep expertise – including: Canadian government, justice, health, energy, and the commercial sector. We focus on delivering a boutique experience backed by the resources, deep knowledge, and expertise our 50-year heritage provides to tackle large scale projects.
What to expect
Sierra Systems is committed to a working environment that fosters professional and personal progression, communication, and collaboration. We offer opportunities for personal growth and professional development at every career level.
We are regularly recognized as a Top Employer , in part due to the compensation and benefits packages we offer which are just one of the many great reasons to join Sierra Systems.
www.sierrasystems.com | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Twitter