Customer Instructor (Sonar Operations) Job Description:
Researches and writes technical operations technical documentation and/or training content supporting specialized military equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, IT equipment and software. Edits and updates existing technical content in a fast-paced fluid environment of engineering changes. Creates and delivers high-quality technical documentation and training products supporting the employment and operation of the AN/BQQ-10 ARCI Submarine Sonar Set. Communicates clearly and effectively to deliver technical instruction to a wide range of audiences. Responsible for capturing and documenting operational and maintenance related information to support the introduction of new technology to the US Navy submarine fleet.
1. Extensive experience and top-level qualifications with BQQ-10 sonar operations.
2. Candidates must be U.S. citizens able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
Highly Desirable Skills:
1. Experience performing maintenance on US Navy submarine sonar systems and/or expert level knowledge of acoustics, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
2. Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions. Knowledge of the English language, grammar, usage and composition.
3. Ability to learn system hardware and software changes using engineering documentation and notes, working with software and hardware engineers, and working with engineering prototypes..
4. Ability to write technical content for procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications that describes the operation and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment.
5. Ability to define required graphics, photographs, tables, figures, and engineering drawings and/or create graphic materials using basic photography and graphic applications such as PowerPoint and Photoshop.
6. Experience as a US Navy instructor for submarine sonar operations, and qualification as a Master Training Specialist
7. Qualification as ACINT specialist or experience as MTT member
8. Experience operating and maintaining ARCI sonar baselines for TI14 and above
Job Location: Manassas, Virginia
Contract Terms: 40 hours/week, onsite
Start Date: Immediate
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.