Job Title: Dev Ops Engineer
Dev Ops Engineer Job Description: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, and skilled candidate to join a forward-looking Development and Operations (DevOps) team. The Dev Ops team defines, develops, integrates, and deploys enhancements to complex Under-Sea Warfare (USW) systems at our customer location in Manassas, VA. The DevOps team helps to establish, maintain, and implement processes required to produce the systems critical to our customers' mission successes. In this role, you support a greater team of hundreds of developers, and engineers that depend on the performance and reliability of the work environment and resources provided by the DevOps team.
Dev Ops Engineer Required skills:
The most urgent need is for a Dev Ops engineer with the following skills:
1. Visionary software development mindset to help move us forward on our DevOps processes.
2. Expertise with agile concepts and supporting tools for an agile framework.
3. Experience in software development (C, C++, and Java.)
4. Experience configuring, building, installing, and troubleshooting system builds of source software and COTS/FOSS products.
5. Proficient with build tools such as Maven and Gradle.
6. Ability to author and maintain complex scripts using Python, Bash and/or other scripting languages.
7. Expertise with the administration of Linux.
8. Proficient with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat.
9. Proficient with application, operation, and maintenance of Docker, KVM, and Open vSwitch.
Dev Ops Engineer Desired Skills:
1. Experience in defining system architecture and implementing distributed computing environments.
2. Proficiency with NetApp, cloud architecture, network architecture and protocols.
3. Experience with Cyber Security (Information Assurance) principles and operations.
4. Attention to detail, process compliance, and ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial.
5. Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction.
6. Team player, task driven, and proactive self-starter that fosters team success.
7. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Dev Ops Engineer additional requirements include:
1. 3 or more year’s current experience in a Dev Ops role (7-10 year’s experience preferred)
2. Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
3. Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance).
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employment, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.