Job Title: Reading Interventionist (2020-2021)
Exemption Status/Test: Exempt
Reports to: Headmaster/Regional Coordinator
Dept. /School: Special Student Services-Assigned Campus
Plan and deliver instruction to students identified as at-risk, in small group or one-on-one as needed. Provide students with appropriate intervention instruction, learning activities, and experiences in the areas of reading to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies to close educational gaps.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction Understanding the needs of early literacy, oral language development, and struggling readers.
Knowledge of best practice strategies Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and staff
Ability to work as a team
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
3 years’ experience as a classroom teacher
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional and Program Management
1. Utilize student data to help teachers identify and group students who need additional support.
2. Design intervention plans and monitor progress for students who are struggling.
3. Plan and deliver instruction to identified students in the classroom, in small group or one-on-one as needed to help students meet learning goals.
4. Maintain accurate, complete and correct records of student work and progress toward mastery of skills
identified in intervention plan.
5. Maintain open and consistent communication about student progress, concerns and achievement with families and the school community.
6. Consult with teachers to develop appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of students.
7. Serve as a resource for classroom teachers with strategies, plans and materials.
8. Participate in district and campus trainings.
9. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
10. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local policy.
Personal Qualities & Values
• Passionately Committed
With humility and curiosity, we seek to know more about our core purpose; seek to share (with each other and with others externally as an advocate); seek to live the mission ourselves with relentless pursuit and intrinsic motivation; seek to understand our work and how it serves the mission…which should result in getting the right stuff done with measurable results because we love actualization – not just the theory
• Servant’s Heart
The foundational element of having a servant’s heart is the acknowledgement of inherent dignity in their fellow human. Someone with a servant’s heart believes that their work is to promote the development of those around them and make it possible for others to be successful in serving the mission of the organization.
• Team Player
We believe our mission can only be accomplished through collaboration and receive true joy in being a part of something greater than ourselves; Each of us is one part of a whole, each with different roles, expertise and responsibilities; working together in synchronicity
Compensation Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education.