Reading Specialist – K-5th GRADES
CURRENT OPENING: Archway North Phoenix (K-6)
· The K-5 model embraces 9 core virtues which are integral to the culture of the academy: responsibility, integrity, perseverance, honesty, courage, citizenship, humility, friendship, wisdom.
· The Core Knowledge curriculum is used as a launching point for studies in history, geography, language arts and sciences.
· Spalding Phonics is a core-curricular element. In addition, Archway students are introduced to classic literature throughout their K-5 tenure. Kindergarten through 2nd grade texts include Aesop’s Fables, Frog and Toad, Charlotte’s Web, Velveteen Rabbit, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, My Father’ Dragon, Sarah Plain and Tall, Cricket in Times Square, Little House in the Big Woods, and many others.
· Reading Specialists work one-on-one or in small groups to improve students’ decoding, fluency, and comprehension skills and work with the Lead teacher and administrative teams to analyze benchmark data for interventions.
· Applicants will ideally have a degree in Reading or have earned a passing score on the relevant K-5 content exam.
Certification is not required to teach at any of the Great Hearts Academies. Great Hearts teachers, whether certified or not, must possess a bachelor's degree and be able to demonstrate a commitment to and love for the liberal arts.
The Great Hearts recruitment/hiring committee reviews all applications, then ranks and passes qualified applications on to the Heads of School. Please note: Heads of School are largely autonomous in the hiring processes for their campuses. They discern for themselves the candidates of interest, and contact, interview, and make offers to those candidates per their own hiring timetables.
Candidates may hear from one or more Head(s) of School and/or Great Hearts staff member(s) shortly after submitting their application, or they may not hear anything for a number of months (as some Heads of School prefer to interview candidates only after reviewing a large number of applications). In either case, it is in a candidate's best interest to submit application materials as soon as possible.
Feel free to contact the GH Talent/HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble with the application.