Manages the administration of the Affordable Housing Program (AHP), specifically manage the creation, deployment, monitoring and reporting of Down Payment Products (DPP). This includes the supervision of multiple Down Payment Products Analyst positions. Assists in marketing the competitive AHP program to sponsor and member applicants throughout the Bank’s district. Cultivates and utilizes knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations relevant to housing development, commercial real estate lending, Housing Tax Credits and HUD programs to evaluate projects. Supports the Community Investment Advances program and approves eligibility for Community Investment Advances.
• Manages and develops high performing team members through communication, feedback, coaching, and completion of mid-year and year end performance evaluations.
• Develops and maintains policies, procedures, and forms to ensure effective administration of the Affordable Housing Program (AHP).
• Manages the creation, deployment, monitoring and reporting of Down Payment Products (DPP)
• Provides the Director of Community Investment with updates and status reports for the DPP.
• Manages the analysis, review and selection of Affordable Housing Program (AHP) applications by performing advanced business plan evaluation, project feasibility analysis, and market analysis of the applications. Conducts feasibility reviews and is responsible for review of the feasibility review performed by analysts.
• Reviews project status reports and other information with analysts to ensure that projects are being completed and are compliant with AHP commitments, regulations and Bank policies.
• Makes decisions concerning extension, modification, deobligation, monitoring, and compliance of AHP projects, and makes recommendation to and obtains approvals of the Director Community Investment as required in procedures.
• Supports administration of CIA program. Conducts review and approval of Community Investment Advances and trains and supervises staff in review and monitoring.
• Provides communication to and technical assistance to member institutions, non-profit organizations and government entities on the features and uses of the completive Affordable Housing Program and specifically to members, the Community Investment Advance program.
• Develops a working knowledge of the Bank's other products and services, especially those offered by the Community Investment Department.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of private, local, state and federal programs that are involved in affordable housing development.
• Complies with Bank policies and procedures and laws and regulations applicable to the Community Investment program. Reports known or suspected violation of law, regulation, policy or procedure to appropriate levels of management. Participates in developing, implementing, assessing and improving effective internal controls. Reports known or suspected violation of internal controls to appropriate levels of management.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, related field, or equivalent years’ experience
• MBA, advanced banking school, or professional housing certification preferred
• Evidence of a broad range and understanding of housing programs and finance characterized by 5 - 8 years’ experience in residential real estate underwriting and lending, housing development, and housing finance.
• Experience in affordable housing programs as conducted by non-profit or government entities is preferred, including work involving with local, state, or federal programs developing or funding affordable housing projects.
• Ability to negotiate with member banks; nonprofit and for profit developers; local, state and federal governments during the funding and monitoring of AHP projects
• Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, and oral communication skill evidenced by.
• Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts to prepare concise reports for decision making, identify problems, and devise solutions.
• Experience and skill working in a team oriented environment, and ability to communicate and negotiate with a diverse clientele.
• Experience in staff supervision and development.
• Adept is use of personal computers and Microsoft business software including Outlook for communications and scheduling, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.