TITLE : DRIVER—MEAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Under the supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, is responsible for safe and efficient operation of MDC vehicles, loading meals and complements for delivery, and delivering meals and complements to home-delivered meal consumers on daily assigned route.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Basic math and reading skills
- Ability to read and take direction in English
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds; to make frequent delivery stops, including climbing in and out of trucks and up and down steps; and to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and follow street maps and complete paperwork accurately
- Knowledge of safe food handling, sanitation and safety practices a plus
- Must be able to pass driving test in MDC vehicle
- 3 years’ work experience
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to safely drive a ¾-ton pickup truck with body attachment
- Working knowledge of driving City of Philadelphia streets
- Exercises good judgment
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well with others and interact appropriately with elderly, homebound consumers, their family members and the public
- Possesses good communication and organizational skills
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all policies and procedures as outlined in PCA Meal Distribution Center Employee Handbook.
- Completes daily Pre-trip Inspection form on assigned vehicle. Maintains a clean and orderly vehicle.
- Loads vehicle with meals, complements and meal supplements according to Load/Returned Meals Sheet for assigned route. Makes adjustments to totals on form for special deliveries or cancelled stops. Initials form to confirm number of meals taken out.
- Downloads assigned route on assigned handheld. Records all completed deliveries, undeliverable meals, breaks and consumer signatures when applicable.
- Operates PCA-owned vehicle safely; drives courteously and follows all traffic laws.
- Completes deliveries to all consumers on assigned route. Obtains signatures for some consumers as necessary. Reports consumer problems/issues immediately to supervisor/MDC Manager.
- Communicates appropriately using two-way radio. Reports meal numbers as required at designated times. Reports any problems encountered during course of delivering meals to MDC immediately, according to established procedures. Reports breaks, time route complete and time returned to MDC.
- Reports returned meals and complements to Program Coordinator and initials Load/Returned Meals Sheet to confirm.
- Completes all paperwork as assigned, including, but not limited to: Pre-trip Inspection Form, Incident/accident Reports, Daily Load/Returned Meals Sheet, and recording undelivered meals on Daily Driver Manifest.
- Assists with transporting meals to and from storage areas and assembling and packaging meals and complements for delivery to home-delivered meal consumers as necessary.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS :
- Performs consistently in all aspects of work assignments.
- Maintains safe driving record.
- Maintains good attendance record.
- Home-delivered meal consumers
- Fellow MDC staff