The Transportation Group Manager, Financial Analysis/Administration will work within the Maintenance and Engineering (M&E) Department at our transportation client. Maintenance and Engineering is a large organization within Operations responsible for asset reliability, operational support, and capital programs.
Our client is growing while driving significant performance improvements, and the person in this position will play a pivotal role in their success. We are seeking an energetic leader who drives a blend of creative problem solving while meeting regulatory requirements to move bureaucracy in a way that is swift, transparent, and effective. This position will have a key role in enabling our client’s renewal plan and must have a customer service approach to support Maintenance & Engineering.
Successful candidate must be able to manage all financial and administrative activities related to the support of the Maintenance & Engineering organization, including grant and contract management.
- Incorporates safety in all aspects of job performance and is a role model for others in driving a culture of safety first and continuous improvement.
- Assumes full management responsibility for all assigned M&E Support Divisions including Financial Analysis & Administration and Contracts & Procurement
- Manages the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies and priorities for each assigned division.
- Plans, directs and coordinates, through subordinate level staff; assigns projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with key staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Assesses and monitors work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement; directs and implements changes.
- Manages all activities relating to the development, preparation and dissemination of procedures, standards, directives and manuals for M&E Administration, Financial Analysis, Budget, Procurement, Contracts, capital renewal and performance reporting.
- Oversees the administration of capital improvement projects and major development projects; oversees and directs the work of consultant and contracted staff.
- Directs independent investigation of incidents affecting safety; develops and implements safety programs; develops tracking systems for monitoring incidents and safety violations.
- Monitors developments and legislation related to assigned areas of responsibility; evaluates impact upon District operations; recommends and implements policy and procedural improvements.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures.
- Oversees and participates in the development and administration of the departmental budget; approves the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approves expenditures and implements budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Explains, justifies and defends departmental programs, policies and activities; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
- Represents the M&E Department to representatives of manufacturers, vendors, governmental agencies and professional and business organizations; coordinates assigned activities with those of other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
- Provides responsible staff assistance to the Chief Maintenance & Engineering Officer; participates on various District management committees; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspon¬dence.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of maintenance and engineering technologies.
- Provides management and direction for all administrative and finances for M&E Department.
Ideal incumbents will possess the following skills and experience:
- Developing and administering departmental goals, objectives and procedures.
- Analyzing and assessing policies and operational needs and making appropriate adjustments.
- Identifying and responding to sensitive community and organizational issues, concerns and needs.
- Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work of lower level staff
- Delegating authority and responsibility.
- Selecting, supervising, training and evaluating staff.
- Preparing clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Preparing and administering large and complex budgets.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring capital improvement programs.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring safety programs.
- Interpreting and applying applicable Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Operations, services and activities of a large complex organization.
- Principles, practices, methods and techniques of project management.
- Principles and practices of Public Procurement and contract management methods.
- Methods and techniques of developing programs to monitor operational effectiveness.
- Principles and practices of policy development and administration.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Related Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
Master’s degree in Business of Public Administration or related field , a minimum of 6 years work experience in financial and program management , with a minimum of 3 years of direct management and administrative experience
OCSI.co is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. OCSI.co is a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about OCSI.co, we welcome you to please visit our corporate website at www.ocsi.co . Thank you for your interest in our jobs. We look forward to seeing your resume!