Do you read a dozen tech blogs and tinker with every new technology that comes out? Do you see problems as challenges – opportunities to make something better? Do you want to build web-based software that truly helps people everyday? And do you want to have fun and learn new skills while doing it? We can give you that opportunity.
Who are we?
We are Oklahoma Interactive, NIC’s Oklahoma subsidiary. We are a small, talented team of programmers, artists and project managers who manage the award-winning OK.gov state portal and build e-government web and mobile applications for our State. Nearly every Oklahoman uses our online tools and services to interact with the state, and we take tremendous pride in making Oklahoma government better.
- Experience building web applications using a LAMP stack or Java Tomcat.
- Knowledge and/or experience using PHP frameworks like (Laravel, CodeIgniter, Cake and/or Symfony) and/or Java Spring
- Knowledge of web development security best practices
- Write clean, modularized, and testable code
- Understand principles of good user interface design
- Write secure code
- Build responsive applications for use on desktop browsers, iOS, Android, and Windows Phones
- Research and implement the latest development tools and frameworks
- Communicate well with peers and customers
- Are efficient, organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
An undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline is helpful, but comparable experience is also accepted.
What's in it for you?
- We have a casual work environment with flexible hours and we provide 100% paid, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans. We offer generous personal and vacation leave.
- Salary is negotiable and depends on experience. We're looking for passionate developers who are hungry to hone their skills and looking to take on new challenges.
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, to view our Equal Opportunity policy, visit http://www.egov.com/careers.