Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Work in a fast-paced environment, participating on engineering teams designing, testing, integration, and development support of next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military.
- The systems engineer is responsible for logical and systematic transformation of customer requirements and needs into a total system solution using the best of practice processes and techniques.
- The candidate will be the primary technical interface with the customer on all processes involved in systems engineering.
- They will be a hands-on person that will work closely with multi-disciplined integrated product teams consisting of program managers, software, mechanical, electrical, process, and manufacturing engineers throughout the product’s lifecycle including requirements development, design, verification/validation, deployment and sustainment.
- The candidate will be capable of performing a wide range of systems engineering functions, including requirements management, verification and validation (V&V), and test engineering, using expert knowledge of systems engineering or systems engineering management processes to guide product development teams.
- Knowledge and experience in systems engineering is also desired in the following areas: mission requirements analysis, system hierarchy and specification tree development, functional analysis, systems integration, requirements flowdown and allocation, trade studies, system synthesis, configuration definition and management, risk analysis, and hazard analysis.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Electrical-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering; MS preferred.
- At least 5-10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with fielded DOD systems and/or prior work in the field of robotics
- Solid engineering background • Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities and tasks over multiple projects
- Experience requirements management and traceability
- Experience with validation of complex systems
- Strong knowledge of electrical hardware and software design and development
- Experience in system reliability analysis using both calculated and measured data
- Working knowledge of Military Standards, such as MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464
- Experience generating an FMEA and supporting data, along with proposing improvements based on FMEA output
- Familiar with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal sources, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.