Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- In this position this person would lead design teams to develop solutions for the Navy and for commercial customers.
- Typical types of projects would be to develop Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), submersible autonomous platforms with various payloads such as Radar, Sonar and a various sensors.
- As lead engineer you would use your vast knowledge of maritime engineering solutions to interface with customers to help them develop requirements and propose solutions to meet their needs.
- This person will drive the ideation effort by acting as a marine systems architect to outline major components and interfaces to best meet the project’s requirements.
- He/She will direct various engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and software to translate requirements into product.
- This position will also support business development working with group management and business development to analyze the market to understand current needs and future trends.
- This person will provide input and recommendations for Internal Research And Development (IRAD) projects to support QNA Maritime product growth. Support business development growth by researching and responding to customer solicitations such as government Broad Area Announcements (BAA), RFI and RFPs.
- Provide systems level design for variety of maritime systems
- System level modeling and analysis
- Lead design teams
- Trade studies
- Write White Papers and Proposals
- Interface with customers
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Experience in developing, prototyping, testing and troubleshooting UUV/ROV.
- Experience specifying and integrating payloads for vehicles.
- Track record of developing innovative maritime solutions for complex problems
- Define and decompose system requirements and functional system requirements, documents specifications, identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability
- Strong communications skills (written or oral) to lead design teams and interface with customers
- Experience with underwater acoustics
- Experience in a design role preferably of low volume high-value machinery and/or equipment
- Good understanding of pressure vessel design, analysis, and testing
- Previous experience in design of Unmanned Underwater Vehicle
- Experience selecting materials for underwater applications
- Experience developing electromechanical designs for surface and subsurface applications.
- Experience operating UUV or ROVs in the environment
- Industry-side DoD acquisition experience strongly desired
- Industry maritime program manager experience strongly desired.
- Experience with DARPA or Officer of Naval Research (from either industry or government side) is highly desired.
- Analytical Software such as MATLAB & Simulink
- 7+ years design of ocean equipment and products
- BS+ in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or related Engineering discipline
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.