Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Work in a fast-paced results-oriented environment, participating in designing the next generation robotic systems for a variety of domestic and international customers.
- The senior electrical engineer will be responsible for large-scale problem solving under general supervision.
- Candidates should be able to architect and design new systems / sub-systems for robot platforms and associated control stations.
- Tasks may include support of existing systems, system architecture development, PCB design, cable design, or associated documentation tasks.
- Activities may range from development of a new system to integration of a new or existing payload on an existing system.
- Senior electrical engineers frequently participate in proposal writing, develop requirements, test plans, and perform testing.
- The senior electrical engineer will work in multidisciplinary (mechanical, software, systems) teams, participate in design reviews of analog, digital, and mixed-signal electronics, and participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting.
- May provide work leadership and training to junior professional and technical staff. Some (<15%) travel to customer sites may be required to support meetings, testing and repair activities.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 5-10 years’ experience.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, I2C, USB, & Ethernet
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with “hands-on” testing and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with diagnostic tools such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
- Competency with soldering and shop hand tools
- Power electronics design experience
- PCB design experience using Altium Designer
- Experience with safety critical and/or fault tolerance design
- Experience with hazard, failure, risk analyses (i.e. FMEA, FTA, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.