Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Candidate will participate in the mechanical designs of military and commercial robotic products.
- Projects will be on robotic systems ranging from 10 pounds to 50,000 pounds.
- Candidate should be proficient using 3-D Solid Modeling software (PTC Creo preferable) and have an understanding of machine design and analysis, mechanism design, and electromechanical systems.
- The candidate will ensure continued quality of design, reproducibility, and reparability of Unmanned Systems products, product line extensions and upgrades while understanding customer needs.
- Keep ahead of obsolesces and component EOL, support vendor changes and qualifications to improve quality.
- The candidate will also lead cost reduction efforts on products using DFM principals.
- Provide ongoing support to Manufacturing to help resolve issue on the floor and improve process, manufacturing, and testing documentation.
- They will perform as an individual contributor on projects and may lead junior engineers, create design packages, and assist in fielding and support of new and existing products.
- They must be comfortable working on a cross functional engineering team and closely with manufacturing, quality assurance, procurement, and external customers.
- Ideally, the candidate shall also be “hands-on” and comfortable assembling and disassembling complex electromechanical systems.
- Electromechanical design, layout and modeling of electro-mechanical assemblies, machinery and mechanisms.
- Implement Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices.
- Creation of detail designs and drawings for fabrication.
- Create, manage, and implement engineering change orders
- Perform basic structural, dynamic and thermal analysis.
- Proficient application of materials, heat treatments, finishes, and coatings.
- Perform basic and subsystem level tolerance analysis.
- Write design specifications and requirements
- Create test documents and lead/preform testing Required knowledge:
- Design -- Experience with Electro-mechanical system design with a concentrated focus in mechanisms and Machine Design and Analysis is required. Clerical
- Experience with a CAD PDM system a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records.
- Working knowledge of the engineering change process and configuration management
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Project Management – The candidate must be able to proactively manage the tasks associated with their assigned project duties and should be able to manage, create, and assign the tasks of 1-2 junior engineers, technicians, and assemblers.
- Ability to work within the limitations of cost and budget is required.
- Technical – Hands on experience assembling, testing and troubleshooting electromechanical systems in shop environment and field, strong CAD and detailing skills, development of design documentation packages, experience in sourcing vendors of electromechanical components, and ability to create and complete test plans
- Leadership - Strong leadership skills: initiative, independence, motivation. Think creatively, promote innovation.
- Computer Aided Design – Must have experience with relevant CAD packages. PTC Creo and Windchill highly desired.
- Drafting – Must have experience with creation of detailed drawings.
- Experience with geometric tolerance (ASME Y14.5) desirable.
- Communication- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with technical & proposal writing experience.
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.