Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Working with various sensors such as LiDAR, IMU/INS, Compass/Magnetometers, Gyroscopes, RADAR, Accelerometers, GPS, RADAR, and implementation of ROS sensor drivers Experience developing C/C++ applications in a Linux environment Experience in real-time, robotics, instrumentation, data collection and analysis
- Experience developing software algorithms for hardware systems Experience with RS232, TCP/IP, UDP, data communications Fluent with Linux and command line tools (like package managers, git, debugging tools, etc.)
- Hands-on system level integration, automation and computer networking skills Experience using software development tools such as configuration control, bug tracking, code reviews, unit testing, and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Excellent written and verbal communications skills Strong attention to detail and quality. Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem Software skills: C/C++ and Python, ROS, CMake, gcc, Make, Scons, Bash
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Experience with the Robot Operating System ROS Version 2 (ROS2) and build system Colcon.
- Experience with the Data Distribution Service (DDS) middleware.
- Experience in software development for military applications Design and implementation of production-quality modular reusable software components Experience developing embedded applications for Micro Controllers
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, and I2C Working knowledge of the Linux kernel build process and device driver development Experience with feedback based closed loop control for unmanned ground vehicles (UGV)
- Knowledge of real-time computing, machine learning (GPU-based computing), and computer vision algorithms commonly used in autonomous vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to build, test, and deliver robust autonomous vehicle software capabilities in complex real-world environments.
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.