Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Soldier Systems, Airborne Sensors and Payloads, Processing and Exploitation Capabilities, and Integrated C2 Solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
QinetiQ, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Engineering Project Manager (EPM) candidate with extensive engineering knowledge and strong technical leadership skills to join our diverse team of multidisciplinary engineers at our Lorton, VA Office. The EPM will lead the execution of cutting-edge technical projects by leveraging strong engineering expertise, project leadership experience, and social acumen. The candidate understands how to work within program budget and manage schedule constraints. The ideal candidate is a good communicator who promotes a collaborative working environment. This role requires the ability to architect innovative solutions and manage projects from initial concept through prototype delivery to product launch. The EPM will act as a technical multidisciplinary lead on hardware and software-based systems, on research and development (IRAD/CRAD) projects, and on engineering upgrade programs to field deployed systems. The EPM will work with Program Manager (PM) counterparts to oversee vendors and suppliers, lead technical and program management reviews and execute programs within budget and schedule constraints. The EPM will recommend future direction of projects to company leadership and deliver technical and program briefs to government and contractor personnel at all levels.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience as an engineer in design, integration, and test of C5ISR systems, specializing in custom electronics, MEMS packaging, Inertial Measurement and Navigation systems for ground and airborne applications. EO-IR experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading multidisciplinary engineering teams in prototyping complex electronics and sensor systems.
- Experience developing project scope, objectives and timelines involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to manage technical execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly process information and adjust plans and schedules.
- Ability to act as a liaison between engineering and senior leadership, transitioning from high level programmatic to deep technical discussions with ease.
- Evaluate project initiatives, designs, and design changes at the system level for technical, performance, cost, and schedule impacts.
- Provide expertise in architecting new mission capabilities with a demonstrated ability to independently develop a system solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proposal writing experience, the ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and to provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
- BS degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, or other related Engineering discipline
- MS degree preferred
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.