Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
This position provides Engineer support services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Platform Integration (H40) Division. The Unmanned & Expeditionary Weapon Systems division designs, develops, and integrates safe, innovative, and effective weapon control systems, detection systems, sensory, and weapon systems onto manned, unmanned, land, air, and sea platforms for the warfighter to include lethal and non-lethal weapons, guidance and control, unmanned and autonomous systems, advanced sensory, and weapons effectiveness for surface warfare, maritime operations, expeditionary warfare and special operations.
The position supports all technical and engineering stages of development, test, integration, and fielding of safe and innovative weapon control systems, detection systems support, advanced weapon systems support, autonomous system support, mechanical and electrical technician support towards assembly and integration. Other duties indirectly supporting these efforts include providing business operational and financial reporting support, writing technical documentation, maintaining technical databases, and editorial support of technical publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- conduct system, subsystem, component performance, and effectiveness improvement studies.
- perform obsolescence analyses with recommendations for replacement components, parts, and systems.
- provide subject matter expertise to investigate system, subsystem, and component level failures during design, integration, test, manufacture, and end-use to provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- analyze deficiencies discovered during testing, outlined in production reports, maintenance reports, and user feedback trouble reports, to provide recommendations on corrective actions.
- perform producibility trade studies and analyze production processes to: determine the most cost-effective fabrication/manufacturing process; resolve a failure observed during testing attributed to manufacture; and reduce manufacture process technology risk.
- develop and generate assembly procedures and analyze approaches and generate plans to validate fabrication/manufacturing processes.
- develop and generate user operator manuals, preventive maintenance schedule manuals, and installation and removal procedures.
- develop and generate demilitarization plans.
- provide subject matter expertise to develop new and modify existing Production Automated Test Equipment (ATE) hardware and software that can successfully run Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for USN tactical electronics hardware.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Three (3) years professional technical experience which includes at least one (1) year specialized experience performing mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.