Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
This position provides Configuration Management Analyst support services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Platform Integration (H40) Division. The Unmanned & Expeditionary Weapon Systems division designs, develops, and integrates safe, innovative, and effective weapon control systems, detection systems, sensory, and weapon systems onto manned, unmanned, land, air, and sea platforms for the warfighter to include lethal and non-lethal weapons, guidance and control, unmanned and autonomous systems, advanced sensory, and weapons effectiveness for surface warfare, maritime operations, expeditionary warfare and special operations.
The position supports all technical and engineering stages of development, test, integration, and fielding of safe and innovative weapon control systems, detection systems support, advanced weapon systems support, autonomous system support, mechanical and electrical technician support towards assembly and integration. Other duties indirectly supporting these efforts include providing business operational and financial reporting support, writing technical documentation, maintaining technical databases, and editorial support of technical publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- provide configuration management (CM) support performed at the program, project, system, and subsystem levels.
- attend Change Review Boards (CRB), Change Control Boards (CCB), and Design Reviews.
- attend and provide technical subject matter expertise to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) to evaluate proposed changes for system, subsystem, and component level impact and other associated system applicability.
- generate and maintain formal Configuration Management Plans and related documentation.
- establish and maintain program and project-level configuration management technical data repositories tracking engineering change proposals (ECPs), Problem Reports (PR), Request for Waivers (RFW), Requests for Deviations/Waivers (RFD, RFW), Specification Change Notices (SCNs), Notice of Revisions (NORs)and other configuration item data and requests.
- generate and review configuration item change documentation including Class I and Class II Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Requests for Deviations (RFDs), Request for Waivers (RFWs), Specification Change Notices (SCNs), and Notice of Revisions (NORs).
- organize program, project, and IPT level documentation into repositories, including web-based repositories, and maintain the repository to facilitate documentation storage and retrieval.
- convert program documents, weapons data and records to include video and microfiche into digital format for digital access, distribution, and archiving using electronic means including CDs and DVDs.
- generate, maintain, and revise drawings associated with components, sub-assemblies, and systems.
- participate in the configuration management process by maintaining controlled and versioned documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan.
- provide process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan.
- participate in drawing and program reviews to baseline and revise documentation.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Four (4) years professional experience which includes three (3) years specialized experience in configuration management demonstrating a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of:
- configuration management principles, methods, and techniques
- evaluating change documentation and developing impact assessments for planned configuration changes
- maintaining integrity and traceability of configurations throughout the product’s life cycles
- experience with formal Change Control Boards (CCB) and Change Review Boards (CRB), related to Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), SCNs, SCDs, Problem Reports (PR),and Request for Deviations (RFD) and Waivers (RFW).
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.