Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
This position provides Senior Mechanical Engineer support services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Platform Integration (H40) Division. The Unmanned & Expeditionary Weapon Systems division designs, develops, and integrates safe, innovative, and effective weapon control systems, detection systems, sensory, and weapon systems onto manned, unmanned, land, air, and sea platforms for the warfighter to include lethal and non-lethal weapons, guidance and control, unmanned and autonomous systems, advanced sensory, and weapons effectiveness for surface warfare, maritime operations, expeditionary warfare and special operations.
The position supports all technical and engineering stages of development, test, integration, and fielding of safe and innovative weapon control systems, detection systems support, advanced weapon systems support, autonomous system support, mechanical and electrical technician support towards assembly and integration. Other duties indirectly supporting these efforts include providing business operational and financial reporting support, writing technical documentation, maintaining technical databases, and editorial support of technical publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- perform and document computer solid layout modeling and simulation.
- perform and document static and dynamic structural modeling and simulation.
- develop, verify, validate, update, and document models and simulations to support gun and ammunition effectiveness analyses, including any associated graphical user interface.
- develop and generate system and force level test and exercise plans, test and exercise reports, as well as lower level test plans and reports.
- develop test objectives, plans, and reports involving the design and analysis of test items and test fixtures. The emphasis of this work will be associated with bench level, system integration lab, computer lab and off-site testing, not including NSWCDD Range testing.
- perform requirements analyses including the review of Design Agent requirements traceability documentation to ensure the traceability of hardware and software requirements to test events and test procedures.
- analyze test and evaluation data and perform trade off analysis of alternatives assessments. The Contractor shall provide subject matter expertise and recommendations on reduction of design and technology risk and assess compliance with weapon and platform system requirements.
- participate in off-site system, subsystem, and component testing by performing test planning and set up, execution, data collection, and test data analysis functions.
- prepare test documentation to include: test requirements, test plans, test reports, test schedules, Mission Control Panel briefings, tactical mission briefings, Mission Readiness Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), flight cards, safety requirements and presentations to safety review.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Eight (8) years professional technical experience including at least six (6) years specialized experience in the areas of either weapons manned or unmanned, robotic, or weapon control system concept definition, design, integration, and engineering.
- Specialized experience shall also include experience as a mechanical engineer performing mechanical engineering analysis and design, mechanical engineering software tools, coordinating mechanical fabrication, and mechanical engineering test techniques.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.