Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
This position provides Senior Electrical Engineer support services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Platform Integration (H40) Division. The Unmanned & Expeditionary Weapon Systems division designs, develops, and integrates safe, innovative, and effective weapon control systems, detection systems, sensory, and weapon systems onto manned, unmanned, land, air, and sea platforms for the warfighter to include lethal and non-lethal weapons, guidance and control, unmanned and autonomous systems, advanced sensory, and weapons effectiveness for surface warfare, maritime operations, expeditionary warfare and special operations.
The position supports all technical and engineering stages of development, test, integration, and fielding of safe and innovative weapon control systems, detection systems support, advanced weapon systems support, autonomous system support, mechanical and electrical technician support towards assembly and integration. Other duties indirectly supporting these efforts include providing business operational and financial reporting support, writing technical documentation, maintaining technical databases, and editorial support of technical publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare electrical design drawings, calculations, and specifications to accompany design models generated on electrical engineering design software (e.g., AutoCAD).
- Develop solutions to eliminate obstructions to engineering program goals.
- Develop project plans (e.g., engineering design and construction project) to include work requirements, resource needs, execution schedules and acquisition plans.
- Compose technical correspondence to communicate designs, plans, and objectives to management officials, staff, and customers.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers to perform requirements development and tracking, from system design and development through execution of system test.
- Provide planning, execution and reporting for all System activities ◦Develop test procedures to validate system requirements
- Support hands-on installations, integration and test activities
- Provide troubleshooting support and feedback of test results to system design activities
- Document test results and generate formal test reports
- Track program and project schedules to ensure timely completion of engineering activities as well as deliveries of documentation and reports.
- Provide engineering inputs to project and review board meetings.
- Develop reports and briefings and provide metrics for program management and sponsors.
- Work closely with engineers, analysts and technicians to ensure a comprehensive team approach to system design, test and delivery.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Eight (8) years professional technical experience including at least three (3) years specialized experience in the areas of either weapons, manned or unmanned, robotic, or weapon control system concept definition, design, integration, and engineering.
- Specialized experience shall also include experience as an electrical engineer performing electrical engineering analysis and design, in electrical engineering software tools, coordinating electrical fabrication, and electrical engineering test techniques.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.