Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- This position provides Deputy Project Manager support services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Platform Integration (H40) Division. The Unmanned & Expeditionary Weapon Systems division designs, develops, and integrates safe, innovative, and effective weapon control systems, detection systems, sensory, and weapon systems onto manned, unmanned, land, air, and sea platforms for the warfighter to include lethal and non-lethal weapons, guidance and control, unmanned and autonomous systems, advanced sensory, and weapons effectiveness for surface warfare, maritime operations, expeditionary warfare and special operations.
- The position supports all technical and engineering stages of development, test, integration, and fielding of safe and innovative weapon control systems, detection systems support, advanced weapon systems support, autonomous system support, mechanical and electrical technician support towards assembly and integration. Other duties indirectly supporting these efforts include providing business operational and financial reporting support, writing technical documentation, maintaining technical databases, and editorial support of technical publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the assigned program and its related projects to ensure compliance with technical requirements, schedule, and budget.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status and execute to plans to ensure a matrixed workforce successfully fulfills project requirements, responsible to ensure that all weekly and monthly CDRLs are prepared and delivered on-time.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s environment.
- Manage the execution, completion and submission of all work products and deliverables.
- Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Coordinate Government inputs, generate and deliver program weekly reports, monthly reports, program review presentations, and program status updates and highlights that support program management.
- Generate, update and maintain project Action Items (AIs) relative to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Working Groups (WGs).
- Develop and distribute meeting minutes assigned by the designated IPT or WG lead.
- Generate, update, and maintain Point of Contact (POC) listings for IPT, WG, inventories, and procurements in process, procurement actions, and organizational matrices with locations.
- Prepare publication of documents through the NSWCDD public document process.
- Generate, bring up to date, and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs), identifying resources, critical path items, addressing schedule conflicts and risks, and synchronizing the IMS with other project IMSs across the program’s portfolio.
- Consolidate weekly IPT information from different projects into singular and centralized program portfolio reports.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or a Bachelor of Business Administration (BA) from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) years of experience in providing task and financial oversight and managing deliveries in support of the Department of the Defense.
- Nine (9) years professional technical and specialized experience in the disciplines of Engineering, Configuration Management, Financial, or Training specific to weapon systems development, prototyping, or integration on airborne platforms.
- Experience related to weapons, platform integration, or weapon control systems is also desired.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated risk management, supplier management, and full project life-cycle management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional experience using MS Office to include Project, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to readily adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess :
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.