Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Performs assembly of electronic products.
- Proficiency in utilizing various electrical diagnostics tools and testing instrumentation.
- Assists in developing work instructions, mechanical/electrical design improvements, and manufacturing process improvements.
- Experienced and capable of working with wiring and terminations ranging from 0 AWG to 32 AWG.
- Fabricate cables (cut, strip, crimp, solder, clean, apply labels/marking) and complex electro-mechanical assemblies. Experience and ability to identify and use appropriate hand tools.
- Proficiency in utilizing various electrical diagnostics tools (continuity testers, Fluke meters, etc.).
- Performance of testing procedures.
- Proficiency utilizing measuring tools (ruler, tape, calipers, etc.).
- Proficient at interpreting drawings, schematics, and visual aids.
- Adherence to ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D Quality Management System standards.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Electronics Technical certifications and/or AS in Electronics preferred.
- 5 or more years of relevant working experience.
- Prove and/or demonstrate experience with building electro-mechanical box assemblies, flexible cable assemblies and/or a rigid T/C assemblies, bulk cables, cut and strip wires, crimp, pot, solder, cleaning, marking operations, and testing. Experience will include extensive knowledge of:
- Stamped and Formed Crimps – open and closed barrel, machined contacts, ferrule, modular connectors RJ45, crimp splices
- Application of insulation sleeving and boots, braiding
- Wire stripping and insulation clearance
- Soldered terminations, tinning, solder cups, lap joints, heat shrinkable solder splices
- Strain relief – clamp fit, wire dress
- Connector damage limits, installation of contacts and sealing plugs
- Measuring of cables and wire length tolerances, right angle, breakout lengths, marking, labeling, legibility, marker sleeves
- Coaxial/Biaxial cable stripping, conductor termination crimp and solder
- Shield termination clamped and crimped, jumper wire, soldered, daisy chain
- Tie wrap and lacing application
- Cable harnessing routing, breakouts, bend radius, unused wire termination
- Hardware installation, threaded fasteners, torque values, hardware stacking
- Experience with environmental testing procedures.
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.