MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors,
systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant with strong knowledge of the government contracting world and excellent communication, to support the President and Executive Leadership team at our Lorton, VA Headquarters. The Executive Assistant’s main duties include managing calendars, scheduling meetings, drafting/proofing correspondence/presentations, arranging travel and expense reconciliation. The Executive Assistant needs to be proactive in anticipating the needs of the President and always looking for ways to improve processes and provide support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
- Manage the calendars for the President and executive leadership team (ELT) including scheduling and coordinating meetings, booking meeting rooms, coordinating refreshments/food.
- Prepare briefings, presentations, and meeting materials and distribute to appropriate parties prior to the meeting.
- Manage scheduling and disseminate changes in a timely manner to the appropriate staff. Review schedules proactively and make necessary changes. Interface with meeting attendees and stakeholders to coordinate and support meetings and other events.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, including presentations, briefings, and reports; check for formatting, proofread, and edit as necessary.
- Coordinate travel logistics and itineraries. Assemble a trip folder or book with background information, maps, details, and other travel information. Interface with the hotel, rental car company, travel agency, and other personnel to troubleshoot, update, cancel, and reconcile actions related to travel.
- Ensure all appropriate security paperwork is completed and signed off with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) prior to any ELT travel.
- Monitor travel-related expenses and ensure proper action is taken. Research and apply government travel policies, guidelines, and other controls, and disseminate to the staff to ensure compliance. Assist with developing and reconciling travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development Units on all corporate events and conferences, including overseeing payment of any associated fees, and assisting with Logistics and delivery of materials and displays.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and ELT.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Prior experience providing administrative support to senior DoD leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external staff members, and the ability to work independently and take a proactive role.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks according to senior staff requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance is required.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer