|Location:||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|# of Openings:||1|
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Mid-Level Software Developer with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Ft. Belvoir, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has skills in a myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be the design, development, and testing of applications on both Linux and Windows platforms. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing control software and Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for sensor based systems. Such control software requires interfacing with a variety of technologies including TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIOs utilizing a variety of message specifications and protocols. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction and will be required to work closely with hardware and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
• BS or MS degree
• Three-Five (3-5) years’ experience developing software in C++ for actual programs/projects (i.e., not academic)
• Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing control software for sensor based systems utilizing a variety of interfaces (e.g., USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIOs) and a variety of message specifications and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, Google Protobuf, XML/XSD)
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Create, refine and adhere to formal software development processes
• Develop software documentation, including user manuals and release notes
• B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
• Must have a secret security clearance and be able to maintain it during the course of employment, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience/expertise employing complex data types (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
• Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., MVC [Model/View/Controller], thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
• Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
• Experience/expertise with various programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, C#/.NET, Python)
• Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs
• Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration
• Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
• Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
Active Secret Security Clearance or higher REQUIRED
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results