Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Manage and support as needed all in-coming material and outgoing product inspection process
- Oversee in-process thru final quality-control and quality assurance activities
- Meet with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as relates to production, materials, performance, or other issues. Conduct reviews or inspections as needed to ensure vendor/supplier quality.
- Manage and control configuration of design, drawings and other documentation being used with the Kilmarnock campus facilities
- Support QC with Corrective Action Requests and remediation
- Recommend and implement Preventative Action Requests and Continuous Improvement processes
- Coordinator and point of contact for internal audit activities on the Kilmarnock campus
- Lead material review board (MRB) to determine root cause analysis for suspect or damaged parts and follow-up disposition
- Mentor and train all quality and floor personnel within the organization to advance their skill set and capabilities to support the quality mission.
- Work with Quality Director to Support Maintaining, implementing and Reviewing QMS Procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and AS9100. Support monthly program reviews and quality roadmap.
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Gather and publish measurement and metric data and analyze for trends and connectivity to company goals
- Lead effort to analyze and manage identified production, process defects.
- Review, analyze, create, and correct work instructions or other production documentation necessary to perform and maintain the quality management system. Documentation scope may expand as programs and projects change.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
- Member of the Customer Focus Team (CFT) representing the Quality Department for all quality/reliability issues.
- Maintain the company’s Quality Management System per ISO regulations and requirements
- Review supporting manufacturing documentation to ensure it contains the necessary provision to permit effective materials inspection and testing
- Develop, update, and maintain technical content of risk management files
- Investigate complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations, customer complaints) for all production processes prior to final product release based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports.
- Identify and ensure the optimization of complex Manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
- Develop training and documentation materials for production to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
- Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work.
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on routine procedures.
- Manage and support required technical and procedural training for industry standards and ISO regulatory requirements
- Perform RMA analysis and provides trend analysis to required operations personnel
- Monitor and report Key Process Indicators (KPIs) trends with analysis (e.g. yield, number of customer complaints, MTTR, etc.)
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Quality Control
- Have experience in or have worked in an environment where ISO 9001 and AS9100 are deployed
- Must have excellent communication and management skills and should be proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP systems working knowledge.
- Aerospace or related manufacturing or assembly line experience preferred.
- Work with other MTEQ leads to implement safety policy and integrate safety considerations into daily work activities.
- Active IPC-A-610, IPC-WHMA-A-620, and J-STD-001 certifications preferred
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.