MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
The Senior Contracts Administrator has responsibility for managing contracts activities across all business groups within MTEQ ensuring the organization’s compliance with contracting policies and procedures in accordance with Federal Regulations, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), company policy and procedure, and appropriate standard business practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Contracts and Subcontracts
- Process task orders and modifications
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, flow down requirements, and that contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations
- Manage the contract closeout process, prepare closeout documentation, and coordinate the submission of final closeout vouchers
- Prepare and maintain various reports and tracking mechanisms for both internal and external distribution.
- Creates, writes, negotiates and reviews hardware or software licensing contracts and engineering and professional services contracts.
- Complete project set up within the company accounting set up for new contracts.
- Generate reports within COGNOS to assist in corporate data calls.
- Manages contract negotiations, contract administration, and customer interactions to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Coordinates large/complex contract administration assignments and performs dispute resolution and cost and price analysis for award, change orders and claims in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and other Governmental regulations.
- Drafts and negotiates terms and conditions for technology agreements, including consulting service agreements, NDA’s, and other customer agreements to be consistent with the company’s protocols and best practices.
- Reviews and updates standard agreement templates while identifying terms and clauses in agreements that represent compliance risks.
- Ensure standard contracts practices are utilized across the organization with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development of appropriate and creative winning strategies for proposals in response to RFP and task order solicitations.
- Reads and interprets solicitations, contracts and modifications.
- Assist in the preparation of cost/pricing proposals and the analysis of team proposal submissions. Prepare business proposals in response to RFPs. Assist in the development of proposal pricing strategies and establish sound contractual policy to facilitate successful contract implementation. Review proposals prior to submission to ensure technical compliance.
- Provide timely contractual advice on critical areas such as OCI, performance-based acquisition and other areas of concern to the Project, Program and Business Leaders.
- Interface responsively with all levels of the organization and Government officials utilizing strong written and verbal skills.
- Responsible for complying with government property procedures.
- Operate effectively in a team environment collaborating and coordinating within Contracts and across the organization.
- Utilize procurement strategies designed to reduce costs, improve product and service quality and expedite deliver.
- Implement purchasing best practices to meet requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) approved purchasing system and Contractor Procurement System Review (CPSR).
- Ensure compliance with company and governmental purchasing policies and requirements, including, but not limited to FAR/DFARS, Procurement Integrity, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), foreign anti-bribery laws, and import/export regulations.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university.
- Seven to ten years of experience in Contracting and Purchasing fields with demonstrated application and interpretation of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the development, negotiation and administration of high-dollar, multi-year, complex contracts and subcontracts.
- Knowledge of federal government relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFARS, and other agency regulations required.
- Thorough understanding of DCAA auditing and compliance related matters.
- Superior knowledge of total Governmental contracting process
- Exemplary analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with all parties internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a fast paced challenging environment and manage multiple, and oftentimes competing priorities
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision under a system of discipline and accountability
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language
Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance is REQUIRED. Active Clearance is a plus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties are performed in a manufacturing/office environment utilizing standard office equipment such as a computer, photocopier, and telephone. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
FOR OUR SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETERANS: MTEQ values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses. If you are a Veteran or wounded warrior and would like assistance with the employment process at MTEQ, please contact Human Resources at (540) 658-2720 Opt 2.
FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If you are a person with a disability or a disabled Veteran and are applying for a job with MTEQ, we would like to ensure your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer