MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
MTEQ is seeking a well-qualified Engineering Program Manager "EPM" candidate with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of diverse multidisciplinary engineers at our Lorton, VA Office.
The EPM will lead the execution of highly complex technical projects by leveraging strong project management experience, technical and people leadership skills, sensitivity to program budget and schedule constraints, communication and negotiation skills and strong collaborative working relationships. This role requires the ability to manage projects from initial scoping to prototype delivery to product launch in a way that ensures success. The successful candidate will have the experience and knowledge to support the full system life-cycle design through development, integration, test, delivery and production readiness of leading-edge Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor systems solutions for ground and airborne platforms. The EPM will act as a technical multidisciplinary lead on hardware and software-based system, on IRAD, CRAD and seedling projects, and on engineering upgrade programs to field deployable systems.
The EPM will directly interface with the PMs, oversee vendors and suppliers, participate in technical and program management reviews and verify program execution within budget and schedule constraints.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience as a Photonics or Electro-Optics Engineer in design, integration, and test of C5ISR systems, such as EO-IR, hyperspectral, Lasers and optical sensors and systems for ground and airborne applications.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading multidisciplinary team of engineering in executing ISR and EO-IR based sensor systems projects.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing project scope, objectives and timelines involving all relevant stakeholders and managing technical execution of several projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly process information and adjust plans and schedules.
- Strong ability to collaborate and share information to ensure essential personnel are kept apprised of project changes.
- Ability to interpret technical discussions and summaries from program managers, end users and engineers.
- Identify and manage issues as they arise with each project, manage risk against project priorities, and escalate issues to upper management as needed.
- Create and maintain project documentation, project plans, budgets, and revenue forecasts.
- Interfaces with all aspects of the team to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
- Performs life-cycle systems engineering for sensor systems.
- Provides system engineering support and advice for system integration on new platforms when required. Evaluates project initiatives, designs, and design changes at the system level for cost/schedule/performance impacts.
- Experience with working directly with end users to translate CONOPS to solidified requirements, and to provide feedback on implemented system functionality.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of defining and selecting appropriate EO-IR sensors, image and signal processors, and software/firmware tools compatible with system requirements and budget/schedule constraints.
- Provide expertise and direction in architecting new capabilities with a demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop a solution approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proposal writing skills, and ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
- Strong people skills and ability to interact with highly technical non-technical audience, customers, end users, vendors and support staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Physics, Electro-Optics, Electrical, Mechanical, or other related Engineering discipline
- MS degree preferred
- Experience with Electro-Optical, ISR and electronic systems.
- Experience with proposal writing, BOEs generations and project management
- Experience in architecting, defining, designing, developing, integrating and testing ISR and EO‑IR sensor systems for defense applications.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain an Active DoD Secret security clearance.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer