Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is an innovative C5ISR Systems and Technology leader. Our company is built on a foundation of advanced technology, systems engineering, rapid prototyping, and improved operational sensing. We work with the latest technological developments in government, industry, and academia, leveraging that knowledge to rapidly advance the state of the art, combining cutting edge sensor technology with innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
We are a world-class team of professionals that build Ground Systems, Solider Systems, Airborne Sensing and Processing Technologies and Integrated C2 solutions. Our customers are always our number one priority and our mission is to empower and protect American Warfighters and Security Forces!
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of equipment following the National Electrical Code, manuals, specifications, schematics and blueprints
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats and circuit-breaker panels
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems and equipment using testing instruments and equipment
- Test continuity and insulation of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit using measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader and conduit bender
- Maintain accurate records on the use of material and labor
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment and materials
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
- Work with building principals and superiors to complete projects
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and immediately report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the commercial or industrial electrical trade
- Commercial service/maintenance experience
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of low voltage communication/networking structured cabling systems
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand power tools
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.