MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking an Electrician with strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Ft. Belvoir, VA office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of equipment following the National Electrical Code, manuals, specifications, schematics and blueprints
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats and circuit-breaker panels
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems and equipment using testing instruments and equipment
- Test continuity and insulation of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit using measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader and conduit bender
- Maintain accurate records on the use of material and labor
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment and materials
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
- Work with building principals and superiors to complete projects
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and immediately report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the commercial or industrial electrical trade
- Commercial service/maintenance experience
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of low voltage communication/networking structured cabling systems
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand power tools
In an 8-hour day: must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling and single grasp motion; frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds; and travel by government or company vehicle to work on location or to other destinations as required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active DOD Secret Security Clearance REQUIRED. Top Secret or higher preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Ft. Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer