MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is currently looking for a Data Scientist, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to join our growing team in our Lorton, VA Office. This is a challenging, demanding and dynamic opportunity for a highly skilled Data Scientist with focused expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) algorithm development and software implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Providing technical leadership and coordination of all aspects of the image and data processing and exploitation and AI/ML algorithms generation and implementation on a wide range of imaging sensors to include EO-IR, Hyperspectral, SAR, LIDAR and LLL imaging.
- Experience should include working with machine learning (ML) applications, developing models and software, familiarity with data structures, data and image analytics algorithms, computability, data complexity and computer architectures.
- Must have a solid understanding of probability and statistics as they relate to analytical methods and data modeling and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze and trade various machine learning approaches, develop new algorithms tools, perform and manage end to end design and SW implementation and work with a team of various backgrounds and skills.
- Track and coordinate all required annual program certifications and training
- MS degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- 5-10 years’ experience designing, developing and implementing AI/ML algorithms to include 2D and 3D image mensuration and Overlay onto 3D Digital Maps, multispectral image fusion, Foveated smart imagery, scene change detection, facial intent, data labeling, semantic understanding and classification of dynamic scene and posing intent.
- Experience/expertise designing, developing and implementing NN (Neural Networks), CNN (Convolutional Neural Networks), SVM (Support Vector Machines)
- Experience/expertise with ML libraries/tools (e.g., scikit-learn, Theano, H2O, TensorFlow, YOLO, Shogun)
- Experience/expertise with various programming/scripting languages and environments (e.g., C, C++, C#/.NET, Python, Anaconda, XML, Java, Open CV, SQL, Hadoop)
- Experience/expertise applying mathematic principles via scientific computing solutions (e.g., NumPy, SciPy, MatPlotLib, MATLAB)
- Experience leading technical teams and supervising highly technical staff
- Degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all level of management and customers.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of C5ISR sensors, remote sensing or geospatial data, particularly EO-IR and multispectral sensors with focus on image and data fusion of datasets from different remote sensing modalities
- Experience in target tracking algorithms
- Experience with video data compression
- Experience with big data mining
- Experience with parallel computing toolkits/frameworks (e.g., CUDA, OpenCL, Spark MLlib)
- Experience/expertise designing, developing and implementing ML solutions on mobile platforms
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Oversee and manage complicated large (>$10M software related projects.
- Responsible for Configurational, Preliminary, and Detailed software design activities to include generation of Software design test and verification documents.
- Management and integration, demonstration, V&V, qualification and testing of software products.
- Evaluate customer requirements and mission CONOSP and generate internal software specifications, (SDDs, STDs) for systems and subsystems.
- Support software upgrades activities.
- Develop software simulation and emulation analysis tools to evaluate the implementation of algorithms and software products related to EO-IR and Hyperspectral sensor system.
- Generation and validation of software “flow-down” specifications for new product development.
- Participate in the preparation of bids, proposals, design and reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, STR, ATP) related to software products.
- Provide leadership, guidance, coordination and review of work products produced by a team of software engineers, to include all stages and aspects of software design, testing, operation and documentation.
- Coordinate and review all phases of assigned software engineering from inception through completion; works with staff to meet project goals.
- Manage and track technical, budgetary, and schedule progress of all group activities and periodically prepares written and oral presentations to management and customer
- Manage and document findings, communicate results to the engineering staff, make technical presentations; represent the organization as the prime technical contact during design reviews and technical presentations to existing and future customers.
- Ensure proper engineering discipline is implemented for all analysis, design and I&T, and appropriate engineering processes are followed.
- Collaborate and communicate with technical staff, program managers and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business and financial objectives; works with staff and management to assure that all corporate KPI objectives are attained.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published in professional engineering journals, presentations of one or more original works to a national or international engineering symposium, and participation on engineering review panels as a technical expert or Chair are desirable.
Must be able to obtain a DOD security clearance.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer