MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has experience/expertise in a myriad of software development, integration and systems/network administration disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be leading the development and integration of applications on both Linux and Windows platforms. Candidates must be avid problem solvers, with a healthy balance between a software engineer and a systems/network administrator. A successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work closely with hardware, electrical and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Three-Five (3-5) years’ experience/expertise
- Developing software in Python and C++ (i.e., not academic) primarily on Linux platforms
- Integrating hardware and software solutions in Linux environments (i.e., RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Experience/expertise in computer networking (i.e., TCP/IP, UDP/IP, IP Multicast and IP Routing)
- Experience/expertise in Linux, Windows and Network Administration
- Experience/expertise employing software engineering DEVOPS tools/practices (e.g., Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitFlow)
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience/familiarity with DoD C2 (Command & Control) and/or C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance) Systems
- Experience/familiarity with DoD messaging standards/protocols/services (e.g., DIS – Distributed Interactive Simulation, VMF – Variable Message Format, SEIWG, DDS – Data Distribution Service, ISA – Integrated Sensor Architecture)
- Experience successfully leading a small team (2-5) of software engineers
- Experience/familiarity integrating software based upon DoD cyber security policies
- Experience/familiarity with radar-based systems
- Experience/familiarity with PXE (Preboot Execution Environment)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs using Qt
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
Ability to obtain an active DOD Security Clearance REQUIRED. Active Clearance preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer