Founded in 1992, MTEQ is a woman-owned business that has provided superior Technical Services and Rapid Prototyping support to Government and Commercial Customers. We have accrued over 18 years of specialized experience in customized initial concept design, electronic fabrication/prototyping, and sensor systems integration for a variety of defense and commercial applications. MTEQ maintains a high performance culture that emphasizes superior quality, productivity, process improvement, goal attainment, recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated Lead Software Engineer who has skills in a myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be leading the design, development, and testing of applications on both Linux and Windows platforms as well as leading a small team (2-5) of software engineers under such efforts. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing efficient multi-threaded data acquisition and control software for sensor based / EO-IR systems, executing all software development efforts utilizing industry standard software engineer DEVOPS tools/practices (e.g., Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitFlow) and owning the overall software technical solution. Such software requires working with a variety of interface technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, CoaXPress, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO, as well as optimized libraries such as OpenCV and OpenCL. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms. A successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work closely with hardware and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Five or more years’ professional experience developing software in C++ (i.e., not academic) primarily on Linux platforms
- Experience successfully leading a small team (2-5) of software engineers
- Experience/expertise employing software engineering DEVOPS tools/practices (e.g., Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitFlow)
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Experience/expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as CUDA, OpenCV and / or OpenCL
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data acquisition and control software for sensor-based systems utilizing a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, CoaXPress, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience/expertise developing software in Python (i.e., not academic)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs using Qt
- Experience/expertise implementing solutions on embedded GPU boards (e.g., NVIDIA Jetson TX2)
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
- Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance. Active secret clearance preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties are performed in a manufacturing/office environment utilizing standard office equipment such as a computer, photocopier, and telephone. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
FOR OUR SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETERANS: MTEQ values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses. If you are a Veteran or wounded warrior and would like assistance with the employment process at MTEQ, please contact Human Resources at (540) 658-2720 Opt 2.
FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If you are a person with a disability or a disabled Veteran and are applying for a job with MTEQ, we would like to ensure your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer