MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Senior Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Technician with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Kilmarnock, VA Office.
The Senior Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Technician role is a significant contributor to our military-grade equipment assembly, responsible for the assembly of complex production systems in a medium to large-volume manufacturing facility. In order to assemble the systems, the assembler/technician must be knowledgeable of all applicable IPC standards 620 and 630, aid in the development of work instructions, fabricate cable harnesses, crimp and solder terminations with standard and military-grade connectors, integrate harnesses with Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and various electronic devices, and install various components, resulting in full system integration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Performs assembly of electronic products.
Proficiency in utilizing various electrical diagnostics tools and testing instrumentation.
Assists in developing work instructions, mechanical/electrical design improvements, and manufacturing process improvements.
Experienced and capable of working with wiring and terminations ranging from 0 AWG to 32 AWG.
Fabricate cables (cut, strip, crimp, solder, clean, apply labels/marking) and complex electro-mechanical assemblies. Experience and ability to identify and use appropriate hand tools.
Proficiency in utilizing various electrical diagnostics tools (continuity testers, Fluke meters, etc.).
Performance of testing procedures.
Proficiency utilizing measuring tools (ruler, tape, calipers, etc.).
Proficient at interpreting drawings, schematics, and visual aids.
Adherence to ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D Quality Management System standards.
Maintain neat and organized work areas, as well as complete and accurate records.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
Electronics Technical certifications and/or AS in Electronics preferred.
5 or more years of relevant working experience.
Prove and/or demonstrate experience with building electro-mechanical box assemblies, flexible cable assemblies and/or a rigid T/C assemblies, bulk cables, cut and strip wires, crimp, pot, solder, cleaning, marking operations, and testing. Experience will include extensive knowledge of:
- Stamped and Formed Crimps – open and closed barrel, machined contacts, ferrule, modular connectors RJ45, crimp splices
- Application of insulation sleeving and boots, braiding
- Wire stripping and insulation clearance
- Soldered terminations, tinning, solder cups, lap joints, heat shrinkable solder splices
- Strain relief – clamp fit, wire dress
- Connector damage limits, installation of contacts and sealing plugs
- Measuring of cables and wire length tolerances, right angle, breakout lengths, marking, labeling, legibility, marker sleeves
- Coaxial/Biaxial cable stripping, conductor termination crimp and solder
- Shield termination clamped and crimped, jumper wire, soldered, daisy chain
- Tie wrap and lacing application
- Cable harnessing routing, breakouts, bend radius, unused wire termination
- Hardware installation, threaded fasteners, torque values, hardware stacking
- Experience with environmental testing procedures.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Holds current IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification with Class III experience and fully understands AS50881 standard for wiring aerospace vehicles. Knowledge of IPC-630.
Excellent technical writing, documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
***** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAIALABLE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES *****
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain security clearance required.
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer