|# of Openings:||1|
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This is a network administrator/operations position supporting the MTEQ corporate network in
Lorton, VA and remote offices/workforce.
The qualified candidate will possess and apply intermediary knowledge regarding the
maintenance, operation, and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must
be capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN)
technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results,
performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport
● Build, maintain, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco
● Develop and deploy wireless LAN solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture
● Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
● Implementation of configuration changes.
● Tier II Support and Maintenance activities.
● Service Requests monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
● Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
● Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years. Additional experience
in lieu of degree will be considered
● Basic understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
● Experience implementing medium to large network solutions
● Experience with Cisco network platforms firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers
and wireless access points.
● Knowledge of TCP/IP networking – switching and routing
● 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (O&M, Tier II, Tier III,
network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
● Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
● Cisco Certified Network Associate – CCNA
● Experience with Cisco Next-Generation Firewalls
● Experience with network management tools (Cisco Prime/ISE)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to obtain a secret clearance is required. An active secret clearance is preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results