MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Quality Systems Manager with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Transforms the MTEQ Quality Systems is structured to support optimal value to the company
- Manage the MTEQ Corporate Quality System insuring ISO 9001 and AS9100 compliance
- Oversees the MTEQ Quality Systems program insuring:
- AS9100, ISO 9001, IPC 610, IPC 620 and other certifications and registrations are being maintained.
- MTEQ Quality Systems’ internal quality auditing program is in place and is effective.
- The quality documentation system is being effectively managed.
- MTEQ Safety and Environmental Management Systems are in place, being followed and maintained
- Ensures formal corrective actions processes and systems are in place, being followed and maintained
- Insures the quality documentation system (such as EPDM, SharePoint and MRP System) is being effectively utilized and managed.
- Maintains, implements and Reviews QMS Procedures in accordance with AS9100 and provide monthly program reviews and quarterly Quality Management Reviews
- Ensures that all change management systems are effective are properly implemented
- Uses formal quality tools and processes to determine root cause.
- Uses data and statistical methods to track, monitor and report the effectivity of the Quality Management System
Leadership and Training
- Trains and assists in promoting Quality practices and applications as required.
- Coordinates with all facilities to implement annual appropriate corporate goals and plans of action to meet these goals.
- Provides leadership, guidance and assistance to all MTEQ Facilities to:
- Attain the corporate and facility specific Quality goals.
- Institute, implement and execute improvements to the process to move our system from reactive to proactive
- Trains employees in the proper use of Lean Process tools
- Travels to other MTEQ facilities and customers, as required.
- Performs other duties as required
- Oversees the Supplier Quality program insuring:
- Processes and resources are in place to receive and respond to external vendor quality issues
- Processes and resources are in place to inspect and accept/reject purchased parts
- New part approvals are being performed as required.
- Insures defective parts are being processed through the MTEQ MRB process, returned to the supplier and effective corrective actions are being received from our suppliers.
- Provides guidance and leadership on the supplier rating program and process improvements for Supplier Quality.
• BS or MS degree in Quality, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Quality Control
• Must be experienced and have working knowledge in ISO9001 and AS9100 Certification Process.
• Must have excellent communication and management skills and should be proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP systems working knowledge.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Aerospace experience preferred, Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices.
• Understand and implement safety policy and integrate safety considerations into daily work activities.
• Manage the department in a manner that will allow for all annual Policy Deployment goals to be achieved.
• Active IPC-A-610, IPC-WHMA-A-620, and J-STD-001 certifications preferred
Ability to obtain Security clearance required. Active Security Clearance a plus
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer