Lead AR/PNT Developer
|Location:||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|# of Openings:||1|
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a talented Lead AR/PNT Developer with good knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Ft. Belvoir, VA Office .
JOB DESCRIPTION :
We have an opportunity that is available for immediate hire involving Optics/Visual Interface Technology with a soldier worn head mounted display providing an intuitive ‘heads-up’ visualization of tactically-relevant geo-registered icons through augmented reality and/or situational awareness system linked to an Android device. It is a government funded project that we will start execution on shortly. Our team will consist of the several experts in various tasks in all aspects of the project like wireless networking of soldier weapon sights, android devices and heads-up-displays (HUD)/ Head mounted displays (HMD).
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, modify, support and maintain low-latency/real-time embedded software application
Experience with Positioning Navigation Timing Integration with Head Mounted Displays and pose estimation of AR objects
• Be instrumental in designing, implementing, and maintaining the user interface, network interface, and sensor management
• Participate in software requirements analysis, collaborative design and code review, and test plan creation.
• Assist the company to strategically assess and introduce state-of-the-art military IT technology into DoD systems.
• Be responsible for envisioning and producing developmental software, embedding the latest technological breakthroughs, and the associated implementation approaches, costs, schedules, and risks.
• Be able to demonstrate direct leadership and architecture experience with Object Oriented development, mission critical software systems design, parallel processing, and emerging technologies.
• Be the primary interface with customers, participating in top-level strategic analysis of technology and software architecture options.
• Strong skills in C, C++ and Java
• Integrated Graphics (IG) engine background (gaming, simulation, etc.).
• Significant mathematics background (matrices, etc.) to work the augmented reality details (integration of sensor data, camera streams and 3D overlays)
• Experience with low level 3D graphics
• Experience developing on modeling & simulation software
• Have experience with one or more visualization technologies a strong plus.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adept at client interface.
• Minimum 5-10 years of embedded system development, system architecture design, and hardware / software integration
• Post-graduate/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related discipline is required
• Developing military devices for the ground combat soldier
• Ruggedized embedded electronics systems design and/or optical devices
• Implementing real-time operating system (RTOS) or Linux systems on an embedded platform is a plus
• Sensor Fusion/Integration for spatial awareness a plus
• DOD experience is highly recommended
• American Citizen with active secret clearance
PRIMARY LOCATION: Ft. Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results