Founded in 1992, MTEQ is a woman-owned business that provides superior Technical Services and Rapid Prototyping support to Government and commercial customers. We have more than 25 years of specialized experience in system development, electronics fabrication, and full-scale tactical prototyping, and systems integration for a variety of defense and commercial applications. MTEQ maintains a high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, process improvement, goal attainment, and the recruitment and development of a superior workforce.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong system administration, computer networking and problem-solving skills to serve as a key member of our IT team. Such an individual will apprentice under MTEQ’s IT Team Lead and CIO and be afforded the opportunity to obtain relevant certifications (e.g., RHCE, LPIC, CEH etc.). Primary responsibilities include administering Linux and Windows based servers/domains, LAN/WAN IP networks, virtualization solutions, digital & VoIP telephony systems, data backups and Windows clients. Candidates must be able to:
- Communicate effectively
- Maintain/enforce computer/network usage policies
- Administer to users/devices/systems/networks at MTEQ’s two (2) corporate offices (Lorton, VA & Kilmarnock, VA).
- Support productions and some development, testing, staging environments.
- Own and improve systems for availability, performance, resources and other key metrics, including alerting, alarms and other escalation systems and approaches.
- Own and improve approaches for service redundancy, core backups, load balancing, system and process scaling, system recovery and other, similar functions.
- Own and improve core system security, including server security monitoring, server anti-virus tools and similar areas.
- Be flexible to work after hours, weekends and handle a shifting schedule as needs arise.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in an employee/customer environment.
- 5+ years of Windows Server experience
- 5+ years’ experience with system security
- 3+ years experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with systems patching and endpoint security
- Proficiency administering Virtualization solutions (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V, Linux-KVM)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, batch)
- Solid client service, time management and leadership skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to generate, refine and follow formal IT processes & procedures
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience with Windows 10, Active Directory, laptop technology, laser and inkjet printers, MS Windows admin, and Linux admin.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Four (4)+ years’ experience supporting and diagnosing TCP/IP protocols and supporting remote access (VPN) and services.
- Four (4)+ years or more of Linux and Windows 2008/2012/2016 experience.
- Four (4)+ years of experience with Samba or NAS technology.
- 2+ years of SQL experience, especially with MySQL or SQL Server, a plus
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt. 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information