MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Proposal Specialist with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for resources, planning, scheduling, development, and production of federal proposals. The primary focus of proposal management must be to produce a winning proposal document. Strong research, information gathering, and writing skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the end-to-end proposal development process, including pricing and production, and works with other team members to write and edit proposals in support of the overall proposal effort
Analyze proposals for proposals for consistency and clarity, compliance with RFP/RFI/RFQ requirements, and alignment with proposal solutions and themes
Lead proposal teams from Go/No-Go decisions through the entire capture process
Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates, entering tracking data and coordinating requirements with contributors
Conveys win themes, value propositions, and differentiators in both written and oral form
Identify and collaborate with teaming partners
Facilitate proposal strategy sessions; performs market, client and competitive research
Manage and update pipeline database
Lead writing assignments, editors, graphics and SMEs
Prepare compliance checklists, outlines, cross-reference matrices, WBSs, WBS dictionaries, and schedules; provides training and support for storyboards
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business or a related field; IT or Engineering field desirable
- 5-10 years related (proposal preparation in government contracting) experience with proven track record of winning proposal efforts at a minimum of $40M
- Knowledge of federal procurement regulations FAR/DAR and contract vehicles
- Strong proposal leadership skills with the ability to build a team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development
- Ability to work individually and within a team (including executive staff) under a system of discipline, deadlines and accountability
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational capabilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
- Skilled with MS Office including SharePoint 2010
- Experience with Desktop Publishing software
- Fluent in English (oral, reading and writing)
- Master's Degree
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- APMP Certification
- Knowledgeable of NVESD as well as one or more of the related DoD communities (i.e. SOCOM, SOF, FBI, DIA, NGIC, NGA, JIEDDO, NAVSEA, PEOs, etc.)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance; active clearance desired
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.