MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ seeks senior engineers with experience in sensors and surveillance technologies and systems to support a federal program management office in Northern Virginia. Join our team of collaborative self-starters focused on delivering practical and efficient solutions to help our client keep U.S. borders safe and facilitate trade and travel. As part of our high-performing team, you will augment our vital work to provide “eyes and ears” technology to protect our nation. Travel will be required once or twice a month to stations on the southwest and other borders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will support diverse technical and engineering activity on surveillance and sensor systems contained within our client’s portfolios throughout the system acquisition and sustainment life cycle. This cradle-to-grave support spans requirements definition, design, evaluation, testing, and maintenance of communications systems, designs, processes, interfaces, infrastructure, and supporting processes. Representative duties:
- Conduct geospatial view-shed and line-of-sight (LOS) path engineering of surveillance sensors
- Handle sensor to communication integration and interfaces
- Analyze performance impacts and requirements development of communication systems
- Model and simulate communication system predicted performance
- Ensure system design is accurately portrayed in the geographic lay-down
- Day and night cameras, seismic, infrared (IR) and acoustic, magnetic, seismic, electromagnetic induction (EMI), electrical resistivity tomography (ERT), laser range finder, laser designator, laser illuminator, and video ground sensors and sensor networks
- Ground surveillance radar design and onsite performance, including signal processing
- Electro-optical (EO) and IR systems design and performance, including signal and video processing
- Remote sensing, including airborne and space-borne sensing
- Interaction of sensors with the real-world environment and prediction and measurement of resulting system performance
- End-to-end video analysis, including encoding or decoding algorithms and integration
- Sensor-to-screen evaluation
- Hyperspectral and multispectral imaging
- Ability to pass a government background investigation, including financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, prohibited substance abuse, and employment verifications; active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.
- Previous work with CBP’s Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT), Remove Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), Mobile and Agent-Centric Systems (MACS), and/or Field Surveillance Services (FSS) portfolios is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in physics, computer science, engineering, or a related science discipline; or 12+ years and a Bachelor’ degree.
- Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Airborne radar
- Electro optical (EO) / infrared (IR) systems
- Remote sensors
- Radio frequency
- Seismic acoustics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment
- Relevant certification in engineering or systems from a recognized credentialing agency (e.g., Registered Professional Engineer, International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), or DAWIA Level III Systems, Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE) - is a plus
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires an Active DOD Secret Clearance. Top Secret or higher preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Crystal City, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time