MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a talented Firmware Engineer with good knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Participate in the architecture design of complex embedded sensor and signal processing functions hosted within COTS, GOTS and custom electronic hardware consisting of both CPU and FPGA hardware resources. Architectures must support very high bandwidth data ingest, data manipulation, storage and system housekeeping functions with deterministic performance.
• Develop software and firmware source code in C/C++, VHDL/Verilog and other languages to instantiate the capabilities required of the chosen architecture.
• Perform both simulation and Hardware-In-The-Loop testing to validate designs and code for robust and reliable performance.
• Work closely with Software Engineers and Electrical Engineers to diagnose faults and rapidly identify/repair the root cause.
• Develop presentation materials to summarize designs for both peer and general technical audiences.
• Support validation activities providing Information Assurance approval for developed systems.
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
• Experience with FPGA Development (Xilinx preferred)
• Experience with HDL Code Development (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Development for Ground and/or Airborne systems used in military applications
• Development for prototype/technology demonstrator systems
• Integration, operation and testing of Electro-Optical/Infrared Imaging Systems
• Interface of Camera Link, GigE Vision, CoaxPress and related industrial imaging protocols
• Integration and testing of industrial/embedded form-factor computing hardware, related interfaces and accessories, including embedded CPUs, GPGPUs and FPGA processing elements
• At least 2 years of related experience
Ability to obtain Security clearance required. Active Security Clearance a plus
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.