MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
MTEQ is seeking a well-qualified candidate with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office. The Deputy Chief Engineer (DCE) would support the full system life-cycle design, development, integration, test, and delivery of leading-edge Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions. A successful candidate has a diverse set of project management and systems engineering skills with experience working with hardware, software, defining, designing, and developing systems for deployed environments. The DCE reports to the Chief Engineer and works with other engineers and staff to oversee system design, development, integration, and product verification testing at the component and system level. The hire will interface with host platform PMs and vendors to ensure requirements are met and expected availability and performance levels are achieved. The Deputy Chief Engineer will recommend future direction or projects to management and delivers technical and program briefs to government and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Minimum 6-8 years demonstrated strong performance as an Engineer, with optics and spectral experience in developing, analyzing, defining and documenting sensor system life-cycles and designs.
- Minimum 2 years of project management or IPT Lead experience.
- Experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures, Statements of Work, and schedules.
- Interfaces with all members of the team to resolve engineering issues and actions.
- Provides engineering support and advice for system integration on new platforms when required. Evaluates project initiatives, designs, and design changes at the system level for cost/schedule/performance impacts.
- Experience with working directly with end users to discover and solidify requirements, and to exchange feedback on implemented and potential functionality.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of optical, electro-mechanical, and software systems and their application in an operational environment.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of new capabilities with a demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop a solution approach.
- Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of the soft skills required in terms of professionalism, conduct and execution in a client-facing role.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree preferred in Systems, Optical, and/or Engineering disciplines
- Experience with EO/IR systems is highly desirable
- Experience with airborne systems is a plus
- Experience with proposal writing and Basis of Estimates is desirable
- Experience with supporting the design, development, and review of systems engineering design artifacts, including Concepts of Operations (CONOPs), requirements analysis, interface design, system design documentation, system performance analysis, and technical writing.
- Experience developing / implementing test plans, design documentation, and technical data packages
- Broad understanding of Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs)
- DOORS proficiency.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain security clearance required; active security clearance a plus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer