MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team in Lorton, VA. The Procurement Specialist will work directly with the Project Managers to meet project deadlines for material deliveries and reduce lead-times as well as provide status updates to project leads on project-specific material order status. This position will include logistics and inventory management responsibilities.
- Purchasing electronic components and related materials with an emphasis on strategizing and implementing cost reduction activities, quality improvement, on time delivery, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, and customer focus.
- Expedites schedules and arranges shipment of materials and services to meet the requirements of the project schedule.
- Initiate and analyze Request for Quotations. Additionally, provide suppliers with necessary information such as drawings and quality specifications.
- Evaluate Supplier Performance based on the total cost of ownership
- Monitor all bid activities and assure timely and complete receipt of completed quotations.
- Filing/organizing of the purchase order files.
- Work collaboratively with all internal customers to meet their needs in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with Accounting Department on credit line issues, vendor invoicing, etc.
- Establish, nurture and maintain excellent vendor, internal and external customer relationships
- Promote and maintain good business relationships with suppliers.
- Responsible for scheduling, kitting, inventory and management of all incoming materials and outgoing deliverable shipments.
- Responsible for inventory and government property management to include kitting, stocking, inventory cycle counts and government property reporting
- Preparation of government shipment documentation to include form DD-250s and DD-1149s
- Reporting and interfacing with government customers on procurement, inventory and lead-time status
- Other duties, as assigned
- Performs cost or price analysis on procurements of moderate value, risk and complexity
- Coordinates risk assessments and executes risk management plans moderate risk procurements
- Participates in SRB activities Performs analysis of purchasing needs, including analysis of costs
- Forecasts requirements, issues periodic reports on trends, and negotiates pricing, discounts, and contracts
- Reviews requirements document (i.e., statement of work, drawings and specifications) for clarity and adequacy
- Identifies potential resources for required materials, equipment, supplies and services, and develops and issues request for proposals
- Responds to supplier inquires and coordinates source selection decisions with other company activities
- Negotiates terms and conditions, price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements and documents the entire fact finding and negotiation process to document file documentation requirements
- Ensures all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented, reviewed and approved consistent with policy and procedure Act as liaison between the Programs team, other functional areas and suppliers, to establish a cohesive work group
- Works towards supporting the overall business by using goals to reduce cost, improve quality and order fulfillment by executing with proficiency the PO placement process
- Understands Quality System processes to include a working knowledge of Counterfeit Parts procedures including the use of an ASL
- Supports proposal activities with innovative solutions to meet Program needs and requirements
- Receives, reviews, and evaluates supplier proposals to ensure they meet Prime proposal requirements
- Participates on proposal evaluation teams in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis
- Prepares and issues purchase orders for selected suppliers consistent with policy and procedure
- Interface Buyers, Sr Buyers and Supervisors Vendors, suppliers and internal customers Internal function and program personnel
- Experience buying for electronic assembly (PCB, cables, enclosures) manufacturers preferred
- Strong experience with government contractor purchasing; knowledge of FAR and DFAR requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements and documentation is required.
- Strong understanding of electronic components such as capacitors, resistors, etc preferred
- Experience supporting procurement and logistics in a DoD or DoD contractor environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong understanding of procurement laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail is required
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while demonstrating superior presentation, communication, team building and leadership skills. May be required to have regular communication with business leadership
- Comprehensive understanding of ERP/MRP systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform price/cost analysis as required by policy
Education and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- In addition a minimum of 4-6 years of government contract buying experience required
- DoD Secret Clearance preferred
- Intermediate – Expert level user of MS Excel/MS Access
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE : Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.