Test Technician / Manufacturing Associate
|# of Openings:||1|
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking an Electronics Test Technician with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Kilmarnock, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• The candidate will assemble and set up equipment following engineering instructions and production illustrations such as manufacturer’s specifications, service manuals and bulletins, or other engineering-approved technical data or oral instructions.
• Perform functional checks, and assist in installing electronic assemblies and circuits such as communications circuits for electronic systems, fixtures and accessories.
• Following engineer’s or technician’s instructions, lay out, fabricate, construct, install and assemble cables, chassis, racks, panels and equipment enclosures for electronic devices.
• Replace or repair equipment power cords and connect/disconnect electronic modules.
• Assist operational checkout, functional tests, troubleshooting and repairs to major assembly or circuit board level of electronic systems, electro-mechanical equipment, computer-controlled systems.
• Monitor control systems and assist in support of electro-mechanical assembly. Operate meters for bonding checks of mechanical components and panel installation.
• Operate support equipment necessary for performance and functional testing.
• Perform mechanical operations necessary for the installation, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, dismantling and disassembly directly related to the above systems.
• Work with or assist engineers & technicians in other fields of specialization by performing hands-on operations of the level of difficulty described herein.
• Must have a minimum of 3-6 years of electronics experience
• Good working knowledge of electronics and electronics repair equipment and tools (for example: soldering equipment, crimpers, strippers, oscilloscope, megger, multimeter)
• Ability to use shop mathematics
• Ability to use tools and equipment necessary to perform work described herein
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• (2) Two years of formal technical training beyond high school (e.g. an Associate degree in a technical field such as Electronics or Avionics),
• Military technical school such as Navy C School – Advanced Technician Training
PRIMARY LOCATION: Kilmarnock, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results